Seva School is a non-selective all-through free school based on the core values of the Sikh faith. It caters for pupils from all backgrounds and faiths and those of no faith, and is extremely proud of the inclusive and egalitarian ethos that underpins all elements of the school.
Our school builds strongly on the principles of Service, Excellence, Virtues and Aspirations at the heart of the Sikh Faith. This is reflected in the levels of trust and respect shown by our pupils and their drive to succeed.
The school has reflective staff who enjoy working in an environment where they are valued and empowered. They are committed to raising standards and effective team work. We positively promote opportunities for children to develop a whole range of academic, creative and social skills inspired by faith and we encourage the active participation of the whole community.
We now looking to recruit flexible individuals who can fulfil the role of Lunchtime Assistant.
You will have:
• Experience with working with young people
• The ability to work as part of a wider team
• Good communication skills – oral and written
• The ability to communicate with parents and other colleagues on a professional basis
• An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and The Sevak Education Trust
• A modern high quality learning environment (recently expanded and remodelled)
• Exceptionally well behaved children and enthusiastic learners
• Opportunities for significant professional development in an expanding school
• A supportive team of friendly and passionate staff
• Support from a strong committed Senior Leadership Team and governing body
• A two week October half term holiday
• Free school lunches for all staff
Whilst specific responsibilities will be discussed further at interview, the role will require individuals who possess high levels of resilience and a strong work ethic.
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd June 2018
Commencement date: ASAP
Contract: Full time - term time only.
Please note that only the information provided on the application form and the letter of application will be used to shortlist applicants.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service process (DBS).